Our vision statement guides all we do here at Barrow 1618. Using this as a starting point we have devised 10 key principles that permeate across all our practice at school and help us to put this vision into action. These 10 principles are:
- To put the needs of the children at our school first in every decision we make.
- To create a ‘blame-free’ culture, ensuring that mistakes are viewed as opportunities to be learned from.
- To create an ethos where everyone takes responsibility for their actions and respects themselves, each other and the environment around them.
- To ensure that children are excited and engaged by school.
- To take learning outside the classroom.
- To ensure the school has a strong Christian ethos.
- To hold high expectations for all our pupils and help them achieve their potential.
- Through our communications and ethos, create a ‘family-friendly’ environment where the whole community feels welcome.
- To create an atmosphere of inclusivity, celebrating difference and diversity
- To be positive, supportive and kind.